Information for males that have sex with guys
Why have always been we more susceptible to catching HIV or perhaps an intimately sent Infection (STI)?
It’s important to just just take precautionary measures in order to avoid getting HIV or other STIs while having sex due to the fact danger is greater for males that have intercourse with guys compared to other individuals. The reason indian brides being the liner associated with the anus is more delicate than the liner of a vagina and it’s also consequently more at an increased risk to become damaged.
Insertive rectal intercourse (topping) is normally a smaller danger for HIV than receptive anal intercourse (bottoming), but both topping and bottoming during unprotected (condomless) anal intercourse is known as risky.
Guys that have intercourse with men comprised 45% of new HIV diagnoses in 2017 in the united kingdom. Within Solent Sexual Health males who possess intercourse with men constructed 48% of most new HIV diagnoses in 2018.
There are also increases into the true wide range of Syphilis and Gonorrhoea diagnoses in Hampshire. These two may be offered by condomless intercourse along with rectal intercourse.
With PrEP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis) being more easy to get at, many people could be placing by themselves at greater threat of getting an STI as PrEP just protects against HIV transmission.
Cutting your danger of getting an STI or HIV
The way that is best to safeguard your self if you are planning to have dental or rectal intercourse is make use of a condom each and every time. Even though they aren’t 100% assured, whenever utilized correctly condoms are incredibly effective. Top strategies for making use of condoms.
Condoms are presented in different sizes and varieties, therefore when you haven’t quite discovered the right fit or feel, take to utilizing alternative sizes, brands and kinds to see just what is most effective for you. If you should be responsive to latex, take to making use of latex free condoms. Condoms can be obtained free via our Condoms by Post solution.
You’ll be able to lessen your danger by:
- Making use of lubrication. We advice water based lube, nevertheless this could be sticky or dry making condom splitting much more likely. Keep refreshing it with an increase of lube or several falls of water during intercourse. Spit can spread some STIs, therefore avoid saliva that is using.
- Reducing the true wide range of sexual lovers you’ve got
- Getting tested for STIs before sex with some body advising and new that they even get tested. If you’re having regular alterations in intimate lovers then 3 monthly STI evaluating is advised.
- Reducing other activities which will influence your decisions, such has eating too much liquor or using medications.
- Getting immunised (vaccinated) against Hepatitis B, Hepatitis an and some forms of HPV.
You are having (Chemsex), it’s important to be informed of the risks involved and how to play as safely as possible if you use drugs as part of the sex. Some forms of Chems pose an increased danger for you since they may cause long term health issues such as for instance despair, fat loss and mental dependence. To learn more about playing properly, click the link.
That you have been exposed to HIV click here if you are worried.
Specialist solutions we are able to provide for you
- Hepatitis a for guys
- Hepatitis B for males
- Individual Papillomavirus (HPV) for males aged between 15 and 45
MSM clinic (Hospital Xtra):
Clinic Xtra provides tailored solutions for males who’ve sex with guys including:
- post visibility prophylaxis for HIV (PEPSE)
- Support and advice for pre publicity prophylaxis for HIV (PrEP)
- recommendations for help around ChemSex and substance misuse and danger decrease
- STI evaluation and therapy
Hospital Xtra intimate wellness clinics can be found at:
- St Marys Hospital, Portsmouth: 5:00 – 7:00pm thursday
- Royal Southern Hants Hospital, Southampton: 5:00 – 7:00pm thursday
- Crown Heights, Basingstoke: Monday 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Andover wellness Centre: 10:30am – 12:00pm friday
Do you want assistance to lessen your danger?
If you wish to discover more regarding help available or further advice, you are able to organize to see certainly one of our health and wellness advertising practitioners. Please contact 0300 300 2016 and have to talk with the Sexual Health advertising Team or e-mail email@example.com.
Are you currently confronted with HIV?
You might have been exposed to HIV (had unprotected sex with someone whose HIV status you do not know, or know to be positive and not on fully suppressed (undetectable) on treatment, or shared injecting equipment), you may be eligible for Post-exposure Prophylaxis if you are concerned.
Effective HIV treatment (ART) lets people lead healthier lives that are active additionally protects their lovers. Whenever viral load is invisible on ART, HIV is not any longer sexually transmitted – with or without condoms. The ev
Post-exposure Prophylaxis (PEP or PEPSE) is medicine you can easily just just take in lowering the possibility of HIV transmission. It really is per month long span of medicine that is taken after non-safe sex where there’s been a greater danger of publicity. PEP or PEPSE should be studied right as feasible after intercourse, and positively within 72 hours. The sooner it is started the much more likely it really is to operate. It is important to have an evaluation by having a medical practitioner or nursing assistant just before are prescribed this medicine. It’s important which you finalize the course once you’ve started it.
If you’re concerned you happen subjected to HIV you need to go to certainly one of our clinics, or an Accident and crisis division immediately.